Colin Kaepernick’s Girlfriend Finally Speaks Out About Latest Controversy, Makes The Truth Very Clear

Posted On : October 9, 2017

Colin Kaepernick found himself at the center of controversy yesterday when CBS sports columnist, Jason La Canfora, falsely reported that Colin Kaepernick claimed he would now stand for the National Anthem if an NFL team signed him. As expected, the report sparked a media firestorm. Tons of Kaepernick haters responded with the “I told you so,” statements while others who oppose the embattled quarterback mocked him for caving during a time of presumed desperation. But Kaepernick’s supporters refused to entertain the rumors altogether. From the very beginning, fans were sure Colin Kaepernick did not cave under pressure. After all he’s been through, fans could not fathom him turning his back on a movement he started and it didn’t take long for the claims to be refuted.

The Honest Truth:

Yesterday, Colin surprised fans with a rare move when he took to Twitter to subliminally address the false claims. The former San Francisco 49ers quarterback tweeted, “He has never discussed this with anyone. A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. Winston S. Churchill.”

Although he didn’t offer a blatant response to the reports, his message was loud and clear. His girlfriend’s statement, however, was a little more direct. On Sunday evening, Nessa Diab, made it very clear that Colin Kaepernick is a man of his word, reports The Jasmine Brand. The popular radio personality stated that the claims were “completely false.”

“The reports that Colin will stand for the anthem are completely false!” Nessa said.

Serious Backpeddling:

The latest news follows reports about La Canfora retracting his statements. On Saturday, La Canfora did speak with Colin but apparently, the conversation had nothing to do with kneeling as he previously suggested. In a series of tweets, La Canfora offered a lengthy explanation for the whole National Anthem debacle. “He’s not planning on kneeling, he’s going to donate all his jersey sales, and he’s planning on standing for the anthem, if given the opportunity,” La Canfora said.

Colin Kaepernick started the movement last year to protest over the nationwide treatment of minorities at the hands of police. But unfortunately, there are certain people who still fail to see the silent protest for what it is. President Donald Trump and many others are adamant about making the protest out to be a form of disrespect toward the American flag and the military, which is why the protest has caused such an uproar all over the country. The latest news comes after Vice President Mike Pence’s publicity stunt at the Indianapolis Colts game on Sunday, October 8. When players kneeled during the National Anthem, Pence made headlines for leaving the game.

Join us on Facebook for the most engaging discussions from the Old School! Old School News With A New Point Of View!

Trending Today