Go Vote! If U Think Trump Can’t Win Here Are 5 Reasons That Prove U Wrong
Voting will end in a few hours, the country is tense as hell right now and a clear line is drawn in the sand between Democrats and Republicans. So in case you, or someone you know still has not gotten their butt up off the sofa to go to the polls and vote, we thought we’d offer a friendly kick in the a$$ to light some fire up under them. Now for our ILOSM family members who are Trump supporters, this is something you’d be happy to hear, but for those of you who are Team Hillary, you won’t like this realistic possibility, but you need to hear it. Also for your viewing/listening pleasure, we’ve included a few old school jams that fit perfectly with this stress-filled occasion…
AND THERE'S MORE...
1. Michael Moore- "Midwest Math, or Welcome to Our Rust Belt Brexit. I believe Trump is going to focus much of his attention on the four blue states in the rustbelt of the upper Great Lakes – Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Four traditionally Democratic states – but each of them have elected a Republican governor since 2010 (only Pennsylvania has now finally elected a Democrat). In the Michigan primary in March, more Michiganders came out to vote for the Republicans (1.32 million) that the Democrats (1.19 million). Trump is ahead of Hillary in the latest polls in Pennsylvania and tied with her in Ohio..."
2. M. Moore: "The Last Stand of the Angry White Man. Our male-dominated, 240-year run of the USA is coming to an end. A woman is about to take over! How did this happen?! On our watch! There were warning signs, but we ignored them.[...] Before we knew it, Beyoncé stormed on the field at this year’s Super Bowl (our game!) with an army of Black Women, fists raised, declaring that our domination was hereby terminated! Oh, the humanity! That’s a small peek into the mind of the Endangered White Male. There is a sense that the power has slipped out of their hands, that their way of doing things is no longer how things are done."
3. M. Moore: "The Hillary Problem. No Democrat, and certainly no independent, is waking up on November 8th excited to run out and vote for Hillary the way they did the day Obama became president or when Bernie was on the primary ballot. The enthusiasm just isn’t there. And because this election is going to come down to just one thing — who drags the most people out of the house and gets them to the polls — Trump right now is in the catbird seat."
4. M. Moore: "The Depressed Sanders Vote. The polls already show that more Sanders voters will vote for Hillary this year than the number of Hillary primary voters in ’08 who then voted for Obama. This is not the problem. The fire alarm that should be going off is that while the average Bernie backer will drag him/herself to the polls that day to somewhat reluctantly vote for Hillary, it will be what’s called a “depressed vote” – meaning the voter doesn’t bring five people to vote with her. He doesn’t volunteer 10 hours in the month leading up to the election. [...] A depressed voter. They’re not going to vote for Trump; some will vote third party, but many will just stay home."
5. M. Moore: "The Jesse Ventura Effect. [...] Remember back in the ‘90s when the people of Minnesota elected a professional wrestler as their governor? They didn’t do this because they’re stupid or thought that Jesse Ventura was some sort of statesman or political intellectual. They did so just because they could. Minnesota is one of the smartest states in the country. It is also filled with people who have a dark sense of humor — and voting for Ventura was their version of a good practical joke on a sick political system. This is going to happen again with Trump."Like we said, if you're down with Hillary, then you should be worried and get up and vote and make sure those around you vote. But if you're a Trump supporter we're assuming this is music to your ears. Either way, Moore's views are pretty thought provoking no matter which side of the fence you're on. Get out and vote!
-ILoveOldSchoolMusic, old school news with a new point of view. Come join our ILOSM fam’ on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram @iloveoldschoolmusic
Join us on Facebook for the most engaging discussions from the Old School! Old School News With A New Point Of View!