Man who Fatally Shot Nipsey Hussle Officially Charged with Murder: Faces Life if Convicted

Posted On : April 4, 2019

The second step in getting closure to the death of beloved LA rapper Nipsey Hussle comes today after his killer has now been officially charged with murder.

According to KTLA 5 News Los Angeles County, District Attorney’s Office announced on Thursday. Eric Holder was charged with a single count of murder, two counts of attempted murder and one count of possessions of a firearm by a felon, according to a news release from the DA’s office. The complaint also alleges he used a firearm and caused great bodily injury and death.

Holder is scheduled to be arraigned in a downtown Los Angeles courtroom sometime on Thursday, prosecutors said.

The 29-year-old was arrested in Bellflower on Tuesday afternoon following a tip from the general public, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.

Holder is accused of fatally shooting the Grammy-award winning artist outside his clothing store in the Hyde Park neighborhood of South Los Angeles on Sunday afternoon, LAPD officials said.

Photo of suspect in Nipsey Hussle’s killing, handcuffed in police car , April 2, 2019 (via TMZ)

Hussle, 33, died of gunshot wounds to the head and torso, according to the L.A. County coroner’s office.

Two others were wounded in the incident. The following day, police identified Holder as the suspect in the slaying, indicating he had been involved with some type of personal dispute with Hussle.

Hours after LAPD Chief Michel Moore urged the suspect to surrender, he was captured in Bellflower.

Find out how Holder was caught next >>>

NEXT PAGE